2. OWNERSHIP OF THE SITE AND HOSTING
The GearTranslations® brand and the Site are the exclusive property of GearTranslations, domiciled at Aguere 9 Local 1, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 38005, Spain. Both the site and the database Users are hosted in the United States of America.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
3.1. Information collected
- 3.1.1. General information. GearTranslations can gather general information about users ("General Information"). Such information may include information recorded by the server logs GearTranslations on the user's browser, such as your Internet protocol address (IP), and the specific website requested. Such General Information, including navigation data and Cookies, as mentioned below, can be collected each time the user accesses the site or uses its services.
- 3.1.2. Navigation data. By using the Site or Services, GearTranslations can also collect data Users browsing (server address, domain name, etc.). This information can be combined with other information provided to GearTranslations, and can be used to analyze and customize the Services. GearTranslations can use such data to perform traffic analysis and trade analysis to determine which aspects of the site and / or Services are more or less useful to users.
3.2. Willingness in the provision of data. Users are not required to provide any personal information to GearTranslations, unless data indicated as being necessary and indispensable for the operation of the Site or the use of services. If you do not want to provide this information or other that may be considered sensitive information, you are not obliged to use the service and / or to enter any information.
3.3. Data Quality
- 3.3.1. If the user decides to enter personal data in the Platform, they agree that these are accurate, current and complete. GearTranslations commits to keeping and storing said data with the same quality, as is.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY AND PERSONAL DATA
4.1. GearTranslations takes all appropriate security measures for the protection of personal data of users in accordance with current regulations.
4.2. Only duly authorized GearTranslations employees have access to the data and personal information of users and this access shall be limited to what can be reasonably required to fulfill their responsibilities. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications or unlawfully use and abuse the personal information they have gathered. Therefore, although GearTranslations works responsibly to protect the privacy of users it cannot commit to that information or personal data of users to always remain private.
4.3. The user is solely responsible for their activity or any person using their account on the Platform. If the user believes that their account has been compromised, the user should immediately contact GearTranslations through email@example.com. The User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GearTranslations for the losses that may be incurred by GearTranslations, the Provider or a third party due to the use of the user account by someone else.
5. ACCESS AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
- 5.1. GearTranslations do not sell or redistribute the personal data of users. These shall not be used for purposes other than the internal functioning of the platform itself.
- 5.2. The data will be deleted from our databases as soon as the purpose for which they were provided has been fulfilled, except in cases where we have to keep them for longer in order to comply with legal obligations, or in the event that you decide to receive periodic information, in which case the user shall decide voluntarily the duration of the data processing in question.
- 5.3. If users want to exercise their rights of access, rectification or cancellation granted to them by Articles 15 and 16 of Law 15/1999, they can do so by writing personally to GearTranslations proving their identity.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
GearTranslations only transfers to third parties personal data collected through the platform if: a) injunction or legal obligation, b) to effectuate the payment of our services, if the Online Payments operator requires it, c) if having the express consent of the user.
7. USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR COLLABORATORS
GearTranslations may delegate certain services to third parties different than those under the responsibility of the Provider or may decide to replace one Provider with another one. The services contracted could include (without limiting to) automated data processing, electronic communications, data storage services, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), platforms as a service (PaaS), or any service provision that, according to the applicable law, involves data processing by third parties. It is possible that these third parties have access to the GearTranslations’ database in order to adequately provide the services of the Platform, but that access does not imply any assignment of the personal data of users, and is limited to activities strictly necessary for the provision of the services of the Platform, as defined by GearTranslations, having being prohibited from conducting any other activity involving the data. If GearTranslations needs to hire a third party who may have access to personal data of users for treatment, GearTranslations commits to -in the case the contract with third parties do not meet the above conditions- where possible, include in the contract the minimum clauses required for international data transfers as set forth in Directive 95 / 46CE of the European Commission.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
TO USE THE PLATFORM OR ACCESSING THE SITE, USERS EXPRESSLY CONSENT THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO BE TRANSFERED TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. USERS WHO DO NOT ACCEPT SUCH INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA SHOULD REFRAIN FROM USING THE PLATFORM. In our case, the data is hosted on AWS servers owned by AMAZON CORP that is a member of the PRIVACY SHIELD agreement.
9. MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED
A person over the age of 14 can provide their data on their own, although this platform is designed to carry out actions involving the legal capacity to act (contracting services, etc.). Users state and guarantee that they are at least eighteen (18) years of age. People under 18 are not authorized by GearTranslations to use the Site and / or Services, unless they have the express consent of their parents or guardians. If you are aware that your child under eighteen (18) years of age has provided personal information without your consent, please contact us at the email address listed at the end of this document. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal data, we shall need to delete such information and terminate their account.
10. THIRD PARTY SITES
11. TRANSFER OF BUSINESS
12. CLOSING ACCOUNT AND MODIFICATION OF PERSONAL DATA
12.1. When an Account is closed, the user information remains in GearTranslations’ databases for the sole purpose of resolving any disputes or litigation. Your personal information shall be stored for a period of two years after the closing of the account.
12.2. GearTranslations encourages and advises users to update their personal information when it changes. Information regarding their behavior in the past towards the service can be retained by GearTranslations for as long as necessary for the purposes stated above.
Users are solely responsible for maintaining secure and confidential the access key they have selected to access the site.
15. RIGHTS REGARDING THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Right to information
You have the right to be informed clearly BEFORE your data are collected about what data about you is being processed, for what purpose it is being processed, where it has been obtained and whether it will be communicated or communicated to someone else.
Right of access
to know which of your data are being processed, for what purpose they are being processed, where they have obtained the data and whether they are going to be communicated or have communicated them to anyone.
Right of rectification
to modify any inaccurate or incomplete information about you
Right of cancellation
to cancel your inappropriate or excessive data
Right of opposition
to prevent your data from being processed or not being processed at all, but only in the cases established by law
Right to limit the processing
in order to request that the processing of data be suspended in the cases established by law
The right to data portability
in order to be able to receive your data in a structured and commonly used electronic format and to be able to transmit it to another person in charge.
The right not to be the subject of individualized decisions
so that no decision is taken about you that produces legal effects or affects you based solely on the processing of your data.
16. HOW CAN I EXERCISE MY RIGHTS?
To exercise any of your rights you must request so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Photocopy of the ID card (passport or other identity document) or electronic signature.
- Reason for the request you make and, if necessary, the documents that accredit it.
- Address (for notification purposes), date and signature
If you exercise your rights through an expressly appointed representative, you must provide the electronic document or instrument that certifies such representation. In the event that the owner of the data is a minor or incapacitated, the rights shall be exercised by their duly accredited legal representative.
17. WHAT CAN I DO IF MY RIGHTS HAVE NOT BEEN ATTENDED TO?
In the event that you consider that we have not satisfied your request, you can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency in the following section of their website: https://sedeagpd.gob.es/sede-electronica-web/vistas/formReclamacionDerechos/reclamacionDerechos.jsf
18. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you want more information, the Spanish Data Protection Agency has published a citizen's guide, you can access it through the following link: http://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/canaldocumentacion/publicaciones/common/Guias/GUIA_CIUDADANO.pdf
19. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION